Residents in Kosse, Calvert, Hammond, and Bremond should prepare for an outage which will occur on Monday, Feb. 21, President’s Day, starting at 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Planned outages are sometimes required for the safety of our customers and crews.
To keep your family safe and comfortable during an outage or other emergency, it's important to be prepared. Here are some tips:
- Create an emergency preparedness kit, including a flashlight, batteries, and first aid supplies.
- Maintain supplies of healthy and filling snacks that don't require refrigeration, such as dried fruits, nuts and protein bars.
- Make sure you have alternative charging methods for your phone or any device that requires power.
- Purchase ice or freeze water-filled plastic containers to help keep food cold during a temporary power outage.
- Learn about the emergency plans established in your area by contacting your state or local emergency management agency.
- If you rely on anything that's battery-operated or power dependent, such as a medical device, have a backup plan.
- Maintain backup generators according to manufacturers' recommendations and store an adequate supply of fuel in a safe place.
For more information and to track the outage, please visit https://www.etrviewoutage.com/map?state=TX&_ga=2.170976228.570220083.1643750511-662233659.1616774794.